Julie and I have made this several times, adapting whatever other recipes or ingredients we have on hand.
INGREDIENTS (MAKES 6 SERVINGS)
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (1 cup dried)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canned black beans, rinsed
- 1-1/2 cups corn kernels (about 2 cobs) or defrosted frozen
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped green or black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4cup chopped fresh coriander
- Cook quinoa.
We use a rough 1:1.5 ratio of quinoa:water.
- While quinoa is cooking, mix lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, salt and sugar into a vinaigrette in a small bowl.
- Combine everything, except fresh herbs, in a medium-sized bowl.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette & toss.
- Let it cool a little, or refrigerate for 1/2 hour to let flavours combine.
Add fresh herbs just before serving.
Key Ingredients or Types of Food: