This spaghetti has a fairly subtle (but good) flavor. The kids didn't expect to like it because of the cooked spinach but they all enjoyed it.
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1/4 cup freshly grated pecorino or parmesan, plus more for serving
- 4-5 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
Boil spaghetti in salted water until al dente. Save 1/2 cup of the water when draining.
Heat the olive oil on medium heat and add garlic and crushed pepper. When garlic is soft, add tomatoes and salt and pepper, increasing heat slightly. When tomatoes soften, and spinach and cook until wilted.
Add spaghetti, reserved pasta water, and pecorino/parmesan and stir gently on low heat. Add goat cheese and toss gently. Serve with additional pecorino/parmesan.